Team X-BOTS is a featured exhibitor at regions top STEM event: STEM Symposium for 3rd year in a row. Get your tickets today, and don’t miss the speakers or the exhibits. We will be there all day, from 9AM-3PM. Come and stop by!
Find more details about the keynote speakers and panels, as well as exhibits. http://stemsymposium.com/
The 2016 K-12 STEM Symposium: Opportunities in STEM
This year’s K-12 STEM Symposium will focus on the theme “Opportunities in STEM.”
It takes a community of teachers, mentors, parents and local leaders to nurture a child’s curiosity of the STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) fields. Linking science and mathematics taught in the classroom to impactful careers is an ongoing national challenge. This year’s Symposium will help children discover new and exciting possibilities in the STEM fields within the National Capital Region. Elementary, middle and high school students will learn about computer coding, space, 3D printing, drones, connected cars and healthcare through a wide range of fun and interactive exhibitors and speakers.
High school and college internship opportunities can help students better understand exciting and wide-ranging careers available to those with STEM degrees. Summer and school-year STEM enrichment programs are a large part of a child’s interest in becoming proficient in the mathematics and sciences. Simple tools such as educational science and technology apps, family-friendly physics experiments and robotics building can also influence a child’s proficiently in the math and science.
Key K-12 STEM Symposium Sponsors:
- This year’s Presenting Sponsor is The Aerospace Corporation
- This year’s Gold Sponsors are Vencore and Siemens Government Technologies
Key Speakers for the 2016 K-12 STEM Symposium:
- Dr. Sandy Magnus, former Astronaut and Executive Director of American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Dr. Evan Glazer, Principal of Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology
- Eric Schierling, former Fighter Pilot and Program Director at Vencore
- Kritika Singh, high school student and CEO of Malaria Free World
- Scott Settar, Program Manager of Technology and Engineering Education and STEAM Integration at Fairfax County Public Schools
- Ed Swallow, Vice President of Vaeros at The Aerospace Corporation
- Pooja Chandrashekar, student and social entrepreneur
- This is the third year running since the initial STEM Symposium in 2014. We have only grown in size and diversity of age ranges, gender and race
- We project over 2,500 parents, kids and teachers to be in attendance
- Over 40 exhibitors from the business, government, academia and nonprofit sectors will be represented
- This year’s interactive exhibits include UAVs, flight simulators, smallsats/drones, physics experiments, heart monitors, 3D printers, robotics and much more.
- Over 20 local students will present top science fair projects before regional competition