Team X-BOTS is a featured exhibitor at regions top STEM event: STEM Symposium for 4th year in a row. Get your tickets today, and don’t miss the speakers or the exhibits. We will be there all day, from 9AM-3PM. Come and stop by!
Find more details about the keynote speakers and panels, as well as exhibits. http://stemsymposium.com/
The 2017 K-12 STEM Symposium: Opportunities in STEM
This year’s K-12 STEM Symposium will focus on the theme “Opportunities in STEM.”
It takes a community of teachers, mentors, parents and local leaders to nurture a child’s curiosity of the STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) fields. Linking science and mathematics taught in the classroom to impactful careers is an ongoing national challenge. This year’s Symposium will help children discover new and exciting possibilities in the STEM fields within the National Capital Region. Elementary, middle and high school students will learn about computer coding, space, 3D printing, drones, connected cars and healthcare through a wide range of fun and interactive exhibitors and speakers.
High school and college internship opportunities can help students better understand exciting and wide-ranging careers available to those with STEM degrees. Summer and school-year STEM enrichment programs are a large part of a child’s interest in becoming proficient in the mathematics and sciences. Simple tools such as educational science and technology apps, family-friendly physics experiments and robotics building can also influence a child’s proficiently in the math and science.
Key K-12 STEM Symposium Sponsors:
- This year’s Presenting Sponsor is LGS Innovations
- This year’s Silver Sponsor is The Aerospace Corporation
- This year’s Gold Sponsors are Altamira, Vencore and Siemens Government Technologies
Key Speakers for the 2017 K-12 STEM Symposium:
- Paul Selby, Products, Solutions, and Applications division of LGS Innovations
- Linda Braun, Vice President of the Photonics Research and Development Department at LGS Innovations
- Ray lvie, President of the Engineering, Integration, and Services (EIS) Group at LGS Innovations
- Adalene Spivy, Executive Director of The Children’s Science Center
- Michael L. Orr, Director of Systems Engineering Directorate, NRO
- Dr. Lawrence J. Delucas Principal Scientist at the Aerospace Corporation
- Aditya Singh, student and social entrepreneur
- Kevin Kelly, CEO of LGS Innovations
- Barbara Comstock, Representative (R-VA 10th District)
- Congressman Gerald E. Connolly, 11th District of Virginia
- Edward Swallow, Vice President of Vaeros
- Ken Nysmith, Headmaster of Nysmith School for the Gifted
- This is the fourth year running since the initial STEM Symposium in 2014. We have only grown in size and diversity of age ranges, gender and race
- We project over 3000 parents, kids and teachers to be in attendance
- Over 40 exhibitors from the business, government, academia and nonprofit sectors will be represented
- This year’s interactive exhibits include UAVs, flight simulators, smallsats/drones, physics experiments, heart monitors, 3D printers, robotics, puzzles and much more.
- Over 20 local students will present top science fair projects before regional competition